12 STEP PROGRAM FOR NEGATIVE THINKERS:
1. I admit I have power over Negative Thoughts and that these Negative Thoughts make me feel like crap.
2. I believe that a Power Greater Than Myself (PGTM) can certainly help, especially since I haven’t done such a hot job.
3. I make a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of this PGTM as I understand it/him/her. I hope this works.
4. I agree to look within and take full responsibility for my life and thoughts. Even when I don’t want to.
5. I admit to my Power, Friends and Everyone that thinking Negative Thoughts serves no useful purpose, and has been the cause of of much physical and emotional pain.
6. I am NOW ready to think better and happier thoughts. Really.
7. I humbly ask that my friends remind me gently when I begin speaking negatively. If this doesn’t work, please yell.
8. I make a list of all the people and groups I have blamed for all the bad things that have happened to me, and am willing to take responsibility for my life.
9. I am aware of all Negative Thoughts that are in my mind and I find ways to eliminate them or replace them. I know that my Thoughts act like powerful magnets and I choose to be in charge of what I’m attracting.
10. I continue to be aware of the words that come out of my mouth and shift them to positive thoughts except when impossible. (for example, when speaking about politics and ex- in-laws)
11. I agree to check myself every hour or so to make sure that Negative Thoughts are not floating in my head.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as to the power of my thoughts, I carry this message to others and to practice these principles in all areas of my life.
13. I agree to believe that the number “13″ can be lucky too, and to ALWAYS remember how much I really enjoy my life when my thoughts feel better.
Wendy Merron © www.WendyMerron.com